test Percussion Cap Assembly Machine:
- Fully Automatic Percussion / Blasting Cap Assembly.
- Accurate positioning of Percussion / Blasting caps, diameter 5,4 mm.
- Automatic quality monitoring.
With this assembly machine Percussion / Blasting caps (metal tubes closed at one end, containing a charge of one or more detonating compounds, designed to detonate from the sparks) are inserted into their sockets.
This fully automatic assembly machine presses Percussion / Blasting caps, the metal tubes, into a socket. The machine consists of six stations and an indexing carrousel with six corresponding positions. In between the different steps of the assembly process several tests are carried out. Percussion / Blasting caps which do not pass the tests will be ejected separately.
- At the first station, the Percussion / Blasting cap socket is inserted (manually.)
- At the second station, the shape and the position of the socket is tested.
- At the third one, a paper is cut out of a tape and inserted into the socket. At the same station a test is carried out whether or not the paper has been inserted correctly.
- At the fourth station, the Percussion / Blasting cap is pressed into the socket.
- The fifth station monitors the dimensions of the Percussion / Blasting cap socket assembly with an accuracy of +/- 0,05 mm.
- Station six is the final station where the Percussion / Blasting cap assemblies, which have passed all tests, are ejected.
- Cap assemblies that haven not passed the tests are ejected at the first station so they can be examined.
l-w-h : ca 750 x 750 x 1400 mm indexing : 60° Ø D mm Controls : Siemens Capacity : 50 products per minute Power input : 220/380 Volt 50 Hz : 5 Bar pneumatic Weight : appr. 350 Kg
This assembly machine is used by:
- Rheinmetall-DeTec AG to produce detonators for the frangible armour piercing sub-caliber discarding Sabot with Tracer, 30 mm x 173 .